John and Craig invite back Chris Keyser, co-chair of the WGA’s 2019 Agency Agreement negotiating committee, to discuss the issues. Specifically, they look at the difference between “packaging” and “packaging fees,” and the impact of agencies acting as writers’ employers.
John then welcomes Michelle Satter to introduce Co//ab, the new online community from Sundance. Michelle shares how they’ve made Sundance digitally accessible and what she looks for in applicants to its prestigious labs.
- WGA Agency Agreement 2019
- WGA President David A. Goodman Speech
- Agency Campaign FAQ’s
- Co//ab at Sundance
- Acapella App for iOS
- Less by Andrew Sean Greer
- Chris Keyser on Twitter
- Michelle Satter on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Submit entries for The Scriptnotes Pitch Session here.
- You can now order Arlo Finch in the Lake of the Moon
- T-shirts are available here! We’ve got new designs, including Colored Revisions, Karateka, and Highland2.
- Outro is Epic Jingle by XLNYC (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 3-1-2019 The transcript of this episode can be found here