John and Craig take an in-depth look at the deal points of the WGA’s tentative agreement with the AMPTP, which ended the 2023 WGA strike after 148 days. Together they break down what gains were made, how they work, and why they are important for writers everywhere.
We also open a time-capsule email from 2018, follow up on five year old predictions, and send our predictions for 2028 off into the future.
In our bonus segment for premium members, John and Craig discuss a topic we’ve slept on for too long: dreams!
- WGA Tentative Agreement Summary
- Scriptnotes, Episode 369 – What is a Movie, Anyway? from 2018
- Scriptnotes, Episode 108 – Are two screens better than one? from 2013
- 24 Hours in an Invisible Epidemic by Alvin Chang
- Melissa Smith, longtime head of ACT’s MFA program, dies at 64 by Sam Hurwitt
- Rusty Lake Underground Blossom
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Check out the Inneresting Newsletter
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Threads and Instagram
- John August on Threads, Instagram and Twitter
- John on Mastodon
- Outro by Holland Gallagher (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Drew Marquardt and is edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.