John and Craig discuss the power of point of view in scripts and how the choice of which characters have storytelling power changes how we experience a movie. Point of view has a meaningful role in creating mystery, expanding scale, elevating characters, and energizing a story.
We also answer listener questions about “Jackman shots,” renaming a character in the middle of a story, and supporting a child who writes.
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are now available!
- Margin Call uses the ”plain English” trope a little differently.
- Justin Dise walks through the basic shot types in a blog post for B&H.
- Bubble, a podcast by Jordan Morris
- Alleys, an immersive escape mobile game
- The Scriptnotes Listeners’ Guide!
- The USB drives!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Outro by Luke Davis (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.