John and Craig discuss when and how to break screenplay orthodoxy, from experimental formatting to narrative misdirects. They also examine why it’s important that your characters create, communicate, and break plans.
We also address follow up from our Raiders of the Lost Ark deep dive, and respond to questions about shared and international writing credits.
- The Seattle Live Show is on February 6th!
- You can now preorder Arlo Finch in the Lake of the Moon or come to the launch event on February 9th.
- Submit entries for The Scriptnotes Pitch Session here.
- Bear spray is not stronger than pepper spray
- Domain Name Pricing Game
- D&D Beyond
- T-shirts are available here! We’ve got new designs, including Colored Revisions, Karateka, and Highland2.
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Outro by James Llonch and Jim Bond (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 2-6-19: The transcript of this episode can be found here.