Craig and John talk movie weddings with special guest Aline Brosh McKenna. We look at the tropes, the challenges and the unique opportunities wedding scenes provide.
We also look at the agreement between the WGA and CAA, and answer listener questions about writing the weather and bombing a pitch.
And in our bonus segment for premium members, we discuss our post-vaccination hopes and plans.
- CAA and WGA Agreement
- Japanese Rent A Family on Twitter
- Japan’s Rent A Family Industry by Elif Bautman for the New Yorker
- Crazy Rich Asians Script script by Peter Chiarelli and Adele Lim
- Palm Springs script written by Andy Siara (Story by Andy Siara and Max Barbakow)
- The Farewell script by Lulu Wang
- Made in Heaven on Amazon Prime
- Simpsons Christmas Movie episode
- Lifetime’s Christmas Set Up
- Carote 8 Inch Nonstick Skillet Frying Pan Egg Skillet Omelet Pan
- We Saw Scenery by Merill Markoe
- I Want to be Where the Normal People Are by Rachel Bloom
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription
- Aline Brosh McKenna on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Heidi Lauren Duke (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 12-29-2020 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.