John and Craig discuss preproduction, with Craig sharing how he’s prepping for an entire season of television. From costumes to casting, we look at the showrunner’s decisions beyond just the words in the script.
Then it’s another round of How Would This Be A Movie, with further analysis on why certain movies get made.
Finally in our bonus segment for premium members, John and Craig debate what information belongs on a time traveller’s cheat sheet.
- Zola Movie discussed in our HWTBAM segment on Episode 222.
- The Criminals Thought the Devices Were Secure. But the Seller Was the F.B.I.
- 1,000-Word Job Listing for a “Household Manager/Cook/Nanny and follow up An Interview With the Woman Who Wrote the Viral 1,000-Word Job Listing for a “Household Manager/Cook/Nanny from Ruth Graham on Slate.
- Couple breaks up after being handcuffed together for 123 days
- Must I really indulge my ‘psychic’ sister-in-law?
- Decoder Ring: The Tootsie Shot
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- John August on Twitter
- Liz Hannah on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Michael Karman (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 7-15-21 the transcript for this episode can be found here.