John and Craig talk action! They examine iconic scenes in classic movies to illustrate the relationship between intensity and density on the page.
We also host a Three Page Challenge: Spooky Edition, our segment that invites listeners to submit writing samples for critique. This week we’re specifically looking at thrilling and chilling scenes. Follow up for the week includes updates on IATSE and predatory writers.
In our bonus segment for premium members, we talk scary movies, things that scared us as kids, and what’s continued to haunt us.
- Hollywood Strike Averted As IATSE & AMPTP Reach Deal On New Film & TV Contract
- Predatory Writer Thread on Ariel Relaford’s Twitter
- Learned League
- Learned League’s Classic Action Scenes–play along with Craig!
- Fractal Forest by Nicholas Nyhof
- The Other Side of Night by Ellen Apswoude
- Big Evil by Lance Baughman
- Thanks to all our participants and our selected writers. You can submit your three pages here to be considered!
- Way Too Interested podcast by Gavin Purcell
- Respect your local school board! Also enjoy this SNL sketch.
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.