John welcomes Tess Morris, Christina Hodson, Nicole Perlman, and Jason Fuchs to discuss their paths to becoming a professional screenwriter. They track the progression from glass bead day jobs to navigating general meetings to planning inconsistent finances to actually calling oneself a writer and even getting paid.
We also answer audience questions about career longevity and leaving writing behind.
- Thank you, Tess Morris, Christina Hodson, Nicole Perlman, and Jason Fuchs!
- T-shirts are available here! We’ve got new designs, including Colored Revisions, Karateka, and Highland2.
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- Tess Morris on Twitter
- Nicole Perlman on Twitter
- Jason Fuchs on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 1-9-18: The transcript of this episode can be found here.