John and Craig debate best practices for writers looking to staff for television rooms–including whether you should be on social media and how to approach a showrunner meeting.
We also take a look at the GameStop story and discuss whether and how this should be a movie. Then Liz Alper and Jamarah Hayner join us to discuss the impact of covid shutdowns on assistants.
Finally in our bonus segment for premium members, we share our awkward dating stories.
- Lil Yachty Uno Movie
- PayUpHollywood Results and article
- Thank you to Liz Alper and Jamarah Hayner!
- The Gamestop movie at Netflix, MGM, and RatPac
- Rachel Miller Twitter Thread
- Check out Rachel’s nonprofit Film2Future here!
- What the next generation of editors need to tell their political reporters by Dan Froomkin
- Whitney Houston and Brandy singing Impossible from Cinderella
- Stella Zawistowski
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription, also we’re now offering annual memberships!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 2-12-21 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.