John talks with writer-director Lorene Scafaria and costume designer Mitchell Travers about their collaboration on Hustlers, and how to think visually about story.
We discuss locations, production design, cinematography, and choreography with a major focus on pre-production.
And in our bonus topic for premium members, John catches up with Mitchell seven months after our initial conversation.
- Directors Close-Up: Tacky Fashion and the Visual Language of ‘Hustlers’ – Film Independent
- Lorene Scafaria and on Twitter
- Mitchell Travers and on Instagram
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Caden Brown (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 8-19-20 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.