John and Drew discuss the newly-released WGA 2023 Strike Rules and how guilds across the industry are showing support for the WGA.
We then answer listener questions about what writers – union and non-union – can do during a strike. Are any meetings are ok to take? Can you sign with a manager? And what if your optioned material is sold?
- WGA Sends Out Strike Rules To Members As Potential Hollywood Labor Shutdown Looms Next Week by Dominic Patten and David Robb for Deadline
- Teamsters Statement on Writers Guild of America Negotiations
- DGA Statement of Support for WGA in Contract Negotiations
- IATSE President Issues Statement of Support for Writers as Strike Deadline Approaches
- SAG-AFTRA Statement in Support of WGA Negotiations
- Find more about the 2023 WGA negotiations here at WGAContract2023.org
- John on Twitter, Instagram and Mastodon
- Scriptnotes is produced by Drew Marquardt
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.