John sits down with Fran Walsh, Peter Jackson and Philippa Boyens to discuss their new film Mortal Engines, and their approach to writing as a team, worldbuilding, and rewriting through production, because one does not simply walk into Mordor.
We also answer audience questions about the difference between ideas for television and movies, and working through dialogue out loud.
- Thanks to Fran Walsh, Peter Jackson and Philippa Boyens!
- Mortal Engines is in theaters now.
- Mortal Engines is based on the book series by Philip Reeve.
- T-shirts are available here! We’ve got new designs, including Colored Revisions, Karateka, and Highland2.
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Outro by Matt Davis (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 1-2-19: The transcript of this episode can be found here.