John and Craig discuss the difference between ambition and anxiety, and how writers can find a balance. We also follow up on agency developments and a new study that shows the live-action Aladdin is good for your health.
Then we host another round of the Three Page Challenge, this time focusing on establishing the setting. Thank you to all of our participants, especially Janelle B. Gatchalian, Alex Beattie, and Linda Yardley.
And for our Premium Members, John and Craig express their views on gift bags, and in particular coffee mugs.
Special thanks to Bo Shim and Jacq Lesko.
- Sign up for premium here
- Arlo Finch in the Kingdom of Shadows Launch Event: February 9, 2pm at Chevalier’s on Larchmont
- Gersh Signs Agency Agreement
- Aladdin Will Save Your Life
- Download Highland 2 here, professors and students interested in the free student edition, email email@example.com
- Download Weekend Read to read Academy Award nominated scripts
- Knives Out by Rian Johnson
- Bruja by Janelle B. Gatchalian
- Night of Game by Alex Beattie
- Upward Mobility by Linda Minella Yardley (Story by Carol Gold Lande and Linda Minella Yardley)
- House of Da Vinci
- How America Uses its Land
- Sweetgreen Composting
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Jemma Moran (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.