This week, Craig and John tackle listener questions.
Why do some giant books get crammed into a single movie, while others get split into multiple films? How do you write a movie if you can’t even get your computer fixed? What should a screenwriter do if, after nine years of trying, he still can’t catch a break?
We don’t always have simple answers, but at least we have t-shirts. The new batch is available for pre-order starting today, so don’t wait.
If you’re in Los Angeles, the only chance to see us live this fall is at the Slate Culture Gabfest on October 8th. Check the link for tickets below.
- New shirts are available for pre-order now through September 30th in the John August Store
- Applause, the All About Eve musical, on Wikipedia
- Get tickets now for October 8th’s live Slate Culture Gabfest with guests John and Craig
- Fountain is a plain text markup language for screenwriting
- WGA Low Budget Agreement
- Every Insanely Mystifying Paradox in Physics: A Complete List
- Gillette Fusion ProGlide with FlexBall
- Styptic pencils on Amazon and Wikipedia
- Leave us a comment on iTunes
- Get premium Scriptnotes access at scriptnotes.net and hear our 1,000th subscriber special
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!)
UPDATE 9-19-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.