John and Craig discuss the trend of studios releasing movies straight to streaming by revisiting an old discussion on movie accounting.
We cover above the line and below the line costs, how distribution fees work, and why all this is important to screenwriters.
Finally, in our newly recorded bonus segment we discuss the 2020 Macs and the future of computing.
- Find the original post here along with a helpful cheatsheet!
- Support Staff please fill out the Pay Up Hollywood Survey!
- The Paramount Decree–this is the court case John had trouble naming during the discussion
- Warner Bros. to Debut Entire 2021 Film Slate, Including ‘Dune’ and ‘Matrix 4,’ Both on HBO Max and In Theaters
- Why is Apples M1 Chip so Fast by Erik Engheim
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Intro: Mister T cartoon intro and
- Outro: Fatback Band – (Are You Ready) Do The Bus Stop, (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.