Now that Scrippets are up and working, it’s time for the fourth-ever Scene Challenge.
For the first one, Masturbating to Star Trek, you had to write an entire scene. For the second one, Make Your Introduction, you had to introduce one character. The third time involved derivatives, and frankly wasn’t that spectacular.
So this time, I’m casting the net wider. You can write a scene about anything, in any genre. The only catch: you have to incorporate three required elements. As you might have guessed from the headline, your entry must include all of the following:
- A fork
- A phobia, and
- A photograph.
You’re left to your own judgment how far you can bend these elements without breaking the spirit of the competition.
Here are the rules:
- Post your entry in the comments thread of this article.
- The comment editing feature is turned on again, but it’s a little shaky. So you’re better off proofreading twice than trying to fix errors later.
- All entries must be submitted by 8 a.m. PST on Wednesday, September 17th, 2008. Remember that comments are sometimes held in moderation. Don’t submit twice. It will show up. Promise.
- I’ll pick a winner later that day.
- Winner receives hearty congratulations and a brief moment in the spotlight.