John and Craig look at phrases that have been banned from comedy writing rooms, and more generally why making a list of what you will never do can help you figure out what you should do.
We also answer listener questions about character names, life rights and sticking to a genre.
- Scriptnotes Midnight Blue T-shirt
- Scriptnotes Gold Standard T-shirt
- No, Gotham, That’s Not How Tightropes Work
- Jay Allan Zimmerman’s Broadway Concert
- John Quaintance’s Tweet
- The List of Clams
- The Good Place on NBC
- Mike on Join Us in France
- Watch Dogs 2 Trailer
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Get your 250 episode USB
- Find past episodes
- Outro by Eric Pearson (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 12-08-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.