To celebrate the third anniversary of Scriptnotes, John and Craig invite Aline Brosh McKenna and her limitless analogies back to discuss box-office journalism, scene geography, emotional IQ and flipping the script.
It’s a jam-packed episode. In fact, there was so much we cut part of it out as a bonus Overtime show that will show up for premium subscribers later this week. In it, we make predictions, re-invent Spanx, and detail our love of D&D. If you want to sign up for the premium edition of Scriptnotes, head over to scriptnotes.net.
If we hit 1000 premium subscribers, we promise to do an NC-17 show that you should definitely not play in the car with your kids.
Tickets are available now for the Slate Culture Gabfest Live on October 8th. John and Craig will be guests, and it should be swell. Links below.
- Aline Brosh McKenna on episodes 60, 76, 100, 101, 119, 123, 124 and 152
- Joan Rivers’s obituary in The New York Times
- Get tickets now for October 8th’s live Slate Culture Gabfest with guests John and Craig
- Why do people throw tomatoes? from How Stuff Works
- the-knowledge.org teaches you how to rebuild the world from scratch
- About Global Entry
- Movies Have Worst Summer Since 1997 by Brooks Barnes
- Mimeographs on Wikipedia and eBay
- Maguire Watch on Everything is Terrible!
- Get premium Scriptnotes access at scriptnotes.net and hear our 1,000th subscriber special
- The Honourable Woman on Sundance.tv
- This Movie Will Require Dinosaurs by C. W. Neill, and details on the September 15th live read
- N3TWORK is the first personal TV network
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Robert Hutchison (send us yours!)
UPDATE 9-11-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.