For the past few months, the WGA West and East have been negotiating with talent agencies over a successor to our 43-year-old agreement. I’m on the negotiating committee and it’s been fascinating.
Soon we’ll be holding membership meetings to discuss what’s going on and what’s in store:
WGA West members in Los Angeles:
- Tuesday, March 26th at Beverly Hilton, 7:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 27th at Sheraton Universal, 7:30 pm
- Saturday, March 31st at Writers Guild Theater, 10:30 am
- RSVP using the link in the email you received from “WGA Mandatory.”
WGA East members in New York City:
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at BMCC Tribeca Performing Arts Center, 7:30 pm.
- RSVP and bring your Guild ID card.
WGA members will be voting on the following resolution:
To authorize the Board and Council to implement an Agency Code of Conduct, if and when it becomes advisable to do so, upon expiration of the current AMBA on April 6, 2019.
Voting for will take place for West members from Wednesday, March 27 at 9pm PDT through Sunday March 31 at 10:00am PDT. For East members, voting runs from Wednesday, March 27 at 9pm EDT through Sunday, March 31 at 10:00am EDT.
Eligible members will receive an email that includes a link to the online ballot when the ballot is activated. Please vote!