John and Craig have a dialogue about dialogue. They discuss how thinking about memorizing lines can help write them, and how to service quieter characters in a scene.
We also answer listener questions about adapting plays for the screen, creating a different experience for your reader than your viewer, and whether to trust sketchily worded release forms.
- The Arlo Finch series trailer is live!
- How Shrek 2 has been redubbed for the UK market by Leslie Felperin for The Independent
- You Might Be the Killer, written by Brett Simmons and Thomas P. Vitale and directed by Simmons, born from this Twitter thread between Chuck Wendig and Sam Sykes.
- Evercast allows Craig to be in the Chernobyl edit from home
- T-shirts are available here! We’ve got new designs, including Colored Revisions, Karateka, and Highland2.
- The USB drives!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!).
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 10-16-18: The transcript of this episode can be found here.