Craig, John, and Aline record the 200th episode of Scriptnotes live with a worldwide audience listening in — and chiming in — as they discuss TV showrunning and whether quality really counts at the box office.
Then it’s time for listener questions, ranging from presidential plagiarism to locked drafts.
Hard to believe it’s been 200 episodes. We wouldn’t and couldn’t have done it without you. Thanks to all our listeners, both for the live feed and all the weeks that came before.
- Aline Brosh McKenna on episodes 60, 76, 100, 101, 119, 123, 124 152, 161, 175 and 180
- CW picks up Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on Deadline, and the first-look trailer
- Jane the Virgin on CW
- Marie’s Crisis on Yelp
- Seth Rudetsky’s Deconstructions
- u/tcatron565’s Reddit post, 2013 Domestic Wide Releases Opening Weekend Out of Total Gross Over Audience Perception of Film from r/dataisbeautiful
- A Cliff or a Rolling Hill from the Black List blog
- Can You Copyright a Dream? on Politico
- Hear about Writer X on Scriptnotes, Episode 194
- The New York Times Magazine on A 12-Hour Window for a Healthy Weight
- EaterLA on Korean bone broth soups and where to get them in LA, and Han Bat Sul Lung Tang on Yelp
- Ultrasound Restores Memory to Mice with Alzheimer’s on Popular Science
- Everybody Calm Down About Breastfeeding on FiveThirtyEight
- Supergirl first-look trailer
- Intro and Outro by Scriptnotes editor Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
UPDATE 6-5-15: The transcript of this episode can be found here.