This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig talk with WGA President Chris Keyser about the tentative deal reached between writers and the studios, and why it’s more groundbreaking than it might appear at first glance.
We continue our discussion of a new screenwriting format by looking at how we got here, both the history of “modern” screenplay layout and the alternatives.
Finally, John just delivered a new script, the first one he wrote entirely in Highland. We discuss the difference between drafts and assemblies, and how much we like to know before digging in on a sequence.
- Courier Prime
- WGA President Chris Keyser on IMDb and Wikipedia
- Deadline’s January article on Chip Johannessen and Billy Ray’s letter to WGA members
- Thomas Ince on Wikipedia
- Sample pages from alternatively formatted screenplays
- Screenwriting.io on multicamera script formatting
- The Way to Go by Kate Ascher
- Lilly Onakuramara on the Pitch Perfect wiki, and a YouTube compilation of some of her best moments
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Blake Kuehn (send us yours!)
UPDATE 4-11-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.