This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
Has a statistician cracked the code on successful screenplay formulas? John and Craig cast a skeptical eye at a New York Times article on Vinny Bruzzese, who claims to have done exactly that.
But is the real story Bruzzese’s numbers game, or a general misunderstanding of how the film industry actually operates?
From there, we answer several reader questions before diving in on a new batch of Three Page Challenges.
- Turning the Page: Storytelling in the Digital Age at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater
- Solving Equation of a Hit Film Script, With Data by Brooks Barnes
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb’s Black swan theory on Wikipedia
- Screenwriting.io on multicamera script format
- Three Pages by Sue Morris
- Three Pages by Robin Peters
- Three Pages by Kevin Pinkerton
- FilmCraft Screenwriting by Tim Grierson on Amazon
- OUTRO: Thompson Twins’ Doctor Doctor covered by Danny McEvoy
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 5-10-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.