This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig speculate about why the film industry fared better in the transition to digital while the music industry struggled.
We also follow up on the WGA elections, hearing John’s priorities as a new board member. Lured back into the intrigue of MoviePass, we discuss new information on this business model.
Then it’s another installment of the Three Page Challenge, in which we discuss listener-submitted pages of their screenplays.
Finally, we answer the most provocative of listener-questions: how do you name your files?
- WGA Section of johnaugust.com
- I’m Joining the WGA Board
- CEO Mitch Lowe Pulls Back The Curtain On MoviePass And Explains Its Economics from Forbes, by Rob Cain
- Three Pages by Steven Wood
- Three Pages by Elizabeth Boston
- Three Pages by Dan Pavlik
- Submit for the Three Page Challenge
- Austin Film Festival 2017 Film Slate
- Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney
- Meet Cute – Short Film on Indiewire
- The Scriptnotes Listeners’ Guide!
- The USB drives will be available again in a few days!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Outro by Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
Credits: Produced by Megan McDonnell Edited by Matthew Chilelli With Nima Yousefi and Dustin Bocks
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 10-2-17: The transcript of this episode can be found here