John is joined by Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi (The Invitation, Ride Along, the upcoming Destroyer) to talk about the second draft, offering some practical tips for the first big rewrite.
We also answer listener questions about getting scripts to actors, how to label characters with job titles, and the cooler way to describe a montage. We’re also still trying to make “re-quel” happen.
- Tickets are on sale for the Holiday Live Show!
- Thanks for joining us, Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi!
- Episode 244: The Invitation, and Requels
- Commercial actors can get paid for excessive auditioning
- Destroyer is in US theaters December 25, 2018
- Backwards Beekeepers, and having a 6 foot charging cable
- Great News, created by Tracey Wigfield
- T-shirts are available here! We’ve got new designs, including Colored Revisions, Karateka, and Highland2.
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- Phil Hay on Twitter
- Matt Manfredi on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Outro by Luke Davis (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 12-11-18: The transcript of this episode can be found here.