Craig and John discuss backup plans, camera directions, and becoming so good they can’t ignore you. Plus we answer two listener questions about specificity in scene headers and how to indicate that a script is intended for animation.
This episode was actually recorded before 191, but through the magic of editing refers to things that hadn’t yet happened. You won’t be confused because you’re clever. You’ll be fine.
- The LA Times on the CAA to UTA exodus, and CAA’s resulting lawsuit
- Scriptnotes, 191: The Deal with Scripped.com
- Backblaze and CrashPlan online backup services
- Fountain is future proof
- Mad Max: Fury Road trailer
- Writer Emergency Packs are available now (use the code “scriptnotes” at checkout on the John August Store for 10% off through May 1st)
- Writer Emergency Kickstarter update on how online retail works
- Scriptnotes, 190: This Is Working
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You, by Cal Newport
- The Robotard 8000
- Announcing The Black List Table Reads
- Forbes on Duke’s Polio Virus Trial Against Glioblastoma
- Play Reimagining ‘Three’s Company’ Wins Case from The New York Times
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener JT Butler (send us yours!)
You can download the episode here: AAC | mp3.
UPDATE 4-10-15: The transcript of this episode can be found here.