This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig take a deep look at how descriptive audio for the blind works, with clips from Daredevil and an interview with a woman who does it for a living. It’s a fascinating form of writing, with many of the same challenges screenwriters face.
Also this week: Capitals, capitalization, the WGA financial numbers, and answers to a bunch of listener questions.
If you have a Scriptnotes t-shirt design, the deadline is August 11th. Click the link below for details.
- Submit your Fall 2015 Scriptnotes shirt design by August 11
- Capitals for iOS
- MovieBob Reviews: Pixels (NSFW)
- Subtitling for screenwriters on johnaugust.com
- Can you reference specific, proper-noun products/songs/locations/etc. in your screenplay? on screenwriting.io
- 2015 WGAw Annual Report to Writers
- Bathsheba Sculptures
- Kevin Kelly’s Cool Tools
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
UPDATE 7-31-15: The transcript of this episode can be found here.