This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig review four Three-Page Challenge entries with the help of Daniela Garcia-Brcek (Literary Manager at Circle of Confusion) and Cullen Conly (Literary Agent at ICM). We then invite the writers up to discuss the notes.
It’s not just craft, though. Our special guests give us a behind-the-scenes look at the realities of representation. What do agents and managers look for when they read (or “look at”) scripts? How important is a logline? Who reads queries? Daniela and Cullen tell us the unvarnished truth.
Thanks to the Austin Film Festival for hosting us and to our brave participants!
- Tickets available for the Holiday Live Show now!
- 2017 Austin Live Three Page Challenge — you can check out the pages here or on Weekend Read.
- Want to submit a Three Page Challenge?
- The Scriptnotes Listeners’ Guide!
- The USB drives!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Outro by Matt Davis (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 11-29-17: The transcript of this episode can be found here.