John and Craig are back together! They chat about the box office (it’s also back!), guns in Hollywood, writing credits, and follow up on what to call the [interstitial] page in a script.
We answer listener questions on imperfect story logic, writing authentically in a different language, and when it’s time to be a team player.
In our bonus segment for premium members, we talk about penmanship! Craig encounters the ultimate puzzle: John’s handwriting.
- Sign up for updates on the Scriptnotes Book
- Box Office Balancing Test: How Many Tentpoles Can Share a Weekend?
- Judd Apatow, Shonda Rhimes and other Hollywood creators sign gun petition
- Magic ARRI ViewFinder on the App store!
- Alex Hirsch’s Gravity Falls Tweet
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Lachlan Marks (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 7-3-22 The transcript for this episode can be found here.