John and Craig debunk the ‘rule’ that one page of screenplay equals one minute of film. They advise screenwriters on what this could mean for the industry and look forward to a future that moves beyond pages.
We also follow up on our discussion of professional readers (00:02:02) and suggestions for giving your friends feedback. Then, a look at how coronavirus has impacted Los Angeles and how we’re thinking about the situation.
In our bonus segment, John and Craig debate which 1st level D&D spell we would choose to be able to cast in real life.
- Scriptnotes Episode 441 – Readers
- How Accurate is the One Page per Minute Rule?
- Stephen Follows’s analysis on Is the One Page Per Minute Rule Correct?
- Try Highland 2 for free!
- Download Weekend Read to access your own or read our library of scripts today!
- Hollywood and Coronavirus
- Scriptnotes Episode 99: Psychotherapy for Screenwriters with captions on Youtube!
- Center for Health Security Updates
- Sign up for Scriptnotes Premium here.
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Jim Bond and James Llonch (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 3-20-2020 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.