John and guest host Aline Brosh McKenna welcome writer/showrunner Tim Federle (High School Musical: The Musical: The Series) to talk about his path from Broadway to Hollywood and how he came to create his first TV show.
Along the way, we discuss TV musicals, LA vs. New York and pitch decks. We also follow up on the #PayUpHollywood survey results with producer Megana Rao and the new Academy screener app. Stick around after the credits for a special bonus segment about online stan culture.
- #PayUpHollywood Releases Survey of 1,500 Entertainment Industry Assistants’ Pay, Working Conditions
- How Tracking My Excuses Helped Me Stop Making Them by Leigh Stein
- Cleansing Conditioners: R+Co Analog and Bella Spirit
- A is for Audra
- John August on Twitter
- Aline Brosh McKenna on Twitter
- Tim Federle on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 12-17-19 The transcript for this episode can be found here.