In the tradition of the Raiders and Little Mermaid episodes, John and guest host Aline Brosh McKenna discuss and dissect the award-winning, record-setting, paradigm-shifting Frozen. But this time, we have the writer on hand to answer our questions.
Jennifer Lee not only wrote Frozen, she co-directed it. She talks us through all the twists, turns, and happy surprises on the journey. We go scene-by-scene and song-by-song to look at how it works and how it changed during development.
It’s an episode full of spoilers. But it’s also totally PG, so if your kids want to listen, let ‘em.
Craig will be back next week with an all-new episode and no recollection of what happened.
- Aline Brosh McKenna on episodes 60, 76, 100, 101, 119, 123 and 124
- Jennifer Lee on IMDb and Wikipedia
- The Frozen final shooting draft
- Let it Go in 25 languages
- Our episodes on Raiders of the Lost Ark and Little Mermaid
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Matthew Chilelli
You can download the episode here: AAC | mp3.
UPDATE 2-1-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.