This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig consider how much a writer should know before going into a scene, looking at the perks and pitfalls of planning and letting oneself discover.
We also discuss taking notes from producers and executives. When should you stand your ground? When should you accommodate? What if it’s an excellent drawing of an elephant that’s been eaten by a snake?
- Siân Griffiths’ blog post, The Only Girl in the Known Universe, about Princess Leia
- The Little Prince’s elephant inside a snake, not a hat.
- Alto’s Odyssey
- Everybody Wants to Be Famous by Superorganism
- The Scriptnotes Listeners’ Guide!
- The USB drives!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Outro by Superorganism (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 3-21-18: The transcript of this episode can be found here.