John and Craig are back at it with another installment of How Would This Be a Movie? They consider the story of a competitive mass Tinder date, a retirement home for ventriloquist dummies and the McDonald’s Monopoly heist.
We also revisit John’s WGA Corner for updates, follow up on the conflict within IATSE, and get a great sense of Craig’s passionate beef with ventriloquism.
- Studios Back In Antitrust Spotlight As AMC Chain Loses Key Court Ruling by Dominic Patten for Deadline
- Class Struggle in Hollywood, 1930-1950: Moguls, Stars, Reds, and Trade Unionists by Gerald Horne
- @bvdhai’s Twitter thread about the mass Tinder date
- Woman dupes dozens of dudes into weirdest Tinder date ever and Tinder hottie dupes dozens of dopes, but it’s all a marketing stunt by Ruth Brown for the NY Post
- ‘Tinder Trap’ model claims she’s the victim after duping guys by Tamar Lapin and Ruth Brown
- Monterey Jack’s Twitter thread about Vent Haven
- Vent Haven’s official website
- How an Ex-Cop Rigged McDonald’s Monopoly Game and Stole Millions Jeff Maysh for the Daily Beast
- Behind Hollywood’s A-List Bidding War for a McDonald’s Monopoly Article by Chris Lee for Vulture
- In a Town of 11 People, Mysterious Disappearance Turns Neighbor Against Neighbor by Jacqueline Williams for the New York Times
- McGill music student awarded $350,000 after girlfriend stalls career by René Bruemmer for the Montreal Gazette
- US judge orders 30-year-old man to move out of his parents’ house
- Flat track roller derby, like Angel City Derby
- 7 Billion Humans
- The USB drives!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Outro by Timothy Vajda (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 9-4-18: The transcript of this episode can be found here.