This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig offer advice to those who suspect their work has been stolen, providing a checklist to help determine if a claim has merit and suggestions for how to best proceed if it does.
We also answer listener questions about taxes on agent commission, being a conservative voice in a writers’ room, and using real celebrities as characters.
- Firelight, the How Could This Be A Movie that is, indeed, a movie
- Amazon’s deal for The Lord of the Rings TV rights
- Amanda Hess’ Twitter response to Sarah Sahim’s accusation of plagiarism
- Nokia Thermo
- Google Maps’s Moat by Justin O’Beirne
- The Scriptnotes Listeners’ Guide!
- The USB drives!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Outro by Matthew Chilleli and the Children’s Bell Choir of Akita (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 1-2-18: The transcript of this episode can be found here