John and Craig share their insight into pitching for television. How is it different that pitching features? How do express your passion for the project? How do you avoid being a Willy Loman pitching to a Willy Loman? (Sometimes you don’t.)
We also follow-up on the conversation about sexual harassment, with a focus on how men, bosses, and unions can work to make a safer, more comfortable workplace for everyone.
Reminder that the Scriptnotes Holiday Live Show is this Thursday in Hollywood. Ticket link below.
- Holiday Live Show tickets are available.
- A sexual harrassment resource guide from the WGA.
- The Tangle Teezer hair brush as recommended on Kevin Kelly’s Cool Tools
- Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock
- Initial write ups/pitch documents for DC, The Circle (a.k.a. Alaska), and Ops.
- The Scriptnotes Listeners’ Guide!
- The USB drives!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Outro by Phil Baker (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 12-13-17: The transcript of this episode can be found here