What’s the difference between a reader and a producer? Much more than one high-profile online analyst seems to believe. John and Craig discuss what producers do, and how one plausibly gets started.
From there, we talk pitching. Beyond the plot points, you need to be able to show why you’re dying to write this story, and why you’d pay money to see it.
In follow-up, we talk about visas, HSX, and find out how often the screenwriter is actually mentioned in negative reviews vs. positive reviews.
The first-ever Live Scriptnotes is coming this October in Austin. Follow the link for more details.
And we’re opening back up submissions for the Three Page Challenge. Follow the link and follow the rules, please.
All this, and Craig takes umbrage at sweet tea, in the new Scriptnotes!
- Tim Miller’s report on our perceived negative screenwriter bias
- My original issue with Scriptshadow
- Scriptshadows asks What the hell does a producer do?
- Tejava, pretty good bottled tea
- How to submit a Three-Page Challenge
- Scriptnotes Live at the Austin Film Festival and Screenwriting Conference
- INTRO: Star Trek The Animated Series Opening
- OUTRO: Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want cover by Pacific UV
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 9-20-12: The transcript of this episode can be found here.