John and Craig discuss showrunning, remaking existing IP, staffing, and fan behavior with Julie Plec (Vampire Diaries, The Originals), Michael Green (Bladerunner 2049, American Gods, Murder on the Orient Express, Logan), and Justin Marks (Jungle Book, Counterpart).
In light of the big Fox/Disney merger, we contemplate which other podcasts we should consider teaming with to preserve our market share and bottom line. We also take a look at some questionable five-star reviews.
Recorded with a live audience at LA Film School as a benefit for the Writers Guild Foundation. Huge thanks to everyone who came and supported the show.
- Show slides, in case you want to follow along at home.
- Pod Save America
- S Town
- Dirty John to listen to or read
- Missing Richard Simmons
- Julie Plec on IMDb
- Michael Green on IMDb
- Justin Marks on IMDb and check out his new show Counterpart
- The Scriptnotes Listeners’ Guide!
- The USB drives!
- Julie Plec, Michael Green and Justin Marks on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Intro by Jon Spurney and Outro by Andy Roninson (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 12-18-17: The transcript of this episode can be found here