This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
Remember the live show in Austin, when we promised we’d read one lucky listener’s script and talk about it on the air? This is that episode.
John and Craig talk with Amanda Morad about her pilot script Betty Bureau, offering praise, suggestions and a few next steps. You can read Amanda’s script in the links below.
We also answer a few short and simple questions about rights and clearances.
- Escape Room LA
- Scriptnotes, 248: Pitching an Open Writing Assignment
- Scriptnotes, 228: Scriptnotes Holiday Show 2015
- Master of None, S1 E4: “Indians on TV” on Netflix
- Individual bonus tracks are now available in the John August Store
- Watch Matthew edit an episode of Scriptnotes
- The Austin Film Festival
- Betty Bureau by Amanda Morad
- @amandamorad on Twitter
- screenwriting.io on referencing proper nouns in your screenplay
- Director J Blakeson answers John’s question about the background Big Fish poster in The 5th Wave
- Hollywood jumps without CGI
- The Empty Cup Awards
- Hamilton: The Revolution on Amazon
- Outro by Paul B (send us yours!)
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 5-20-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.