Craig and John head to the Austin Film Festival for another live edition of Scriptnotes. Everything is bigger in Texas, including the crowd for this packed show featuring Looper writer/director Rian Johnson and Saving Mr. Banks screenwriter Kelly Marcel.
We talk about following up on success, the importance of trusted readers and the merits of specs for established writers. Then it’s the first-ever game of That’s One Way to Go, in which John and Craig have to incorporate asinine ideas into development projects. Selling out has never been more fun.
We had a great time at AFF, and the live show was definitely a highlight. Thanks to our hosts, our amazing guests and especially the terrific audience.
- The 20th Annual Austin Film Festival
- Rian Johnson on IMDb and his blog and Twitter
- Kelly Marcel on IMDb and Twitter
- Saving Mr. Banks opens this December
- The Black List
- Timecrimes on Wikipedia
- Letters of Note
- The Victorinox 40003 Wavy Edge Utility Knife with 4-3/4″ Blade on Amazon
- Fade In and Writer Duet should collaborate
- Primer, and on Wikipedia
- Craig met Vince Gilligan
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Lawrence Fehler
UPDATE 10-31-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.