In this special mini-episode, Craig and John tackle the gold standard and why economists think it’s a flat-out terrible idea.
We don’t discuss screenwriting at all, so feel free to skip this one if monetary theory doesn’t interest you.
This episode is mostly to verify that minor changes to our workflow haven’t messed up the Scriptnotes feed. If for some reason this episode doesn’t show up in your regular podcasting app, please let us know at the email@example.com account (and re-add it in iTunes).
Next week, we’ll be back with our long-anticipated interview with Lawrence Kasdan.
- Gold standard on Wikipedia
- ProCon.org weighs the pros and cons of the United States returning to a gold standard
- The Atlantic on Why the Gold Standard Is the World’s Worst Economic Idea, in 2 Charts
- Huffington Post on Ted Cruz’s gold standard policy
- Debt: The First 5,000 Years, by David Graeber
You can download the episode here.