Jonathan Groff — the Black-ish writer/producer, not the actor — joins John and Craig to explain the new vocabulary of television and why companies are all about ownership.
Then it’s another round of How Would This Be a Movie (or an episode of network comedy). We tackle Peter Thiel, Swiss banks, psychotic sheep, and absent-minded grampas.
Our track record of predicting which of these ideas will go into development has been quite good. Let us know what you think on our Facebook page or Twitter.
- Jonathan Groff on IMDb and Twitter
- Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Rule 2016 Upfronts: In-Depth Look on Deadline
- America’s TV Exports Too Diverse for Overseas? from THR
- Financial Interest and Syndication Rules (aka fin-syn) on Wikipedia
- Black-ish, season 2 episode 16, “Hope” on Hulu
- The New Yorker on Peter Thiel vs Gawker
- Daily Mail’s Stoned Sheep coverage
- The New Yorker on The Great Swiss Bank Heist
- The Informant! on Wikipedia
- Hotep, Explained from The Root
- Grandfather “very sorry” after accidentally picking up wrong grandchild at school
- Ok… Not this… sketch from That Mitchell and Webb Look
- Sex Criminals by Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky, on Amazon
- Fallout 4’s Far Harbor DLC on Steam
- Travel abroad!
- Outro by Adam Lastname (send us yours!)
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 6-10-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.