Carolyn Strauss, executive producer of Game of Thrones, joins John and Craig to discuss female directors and the death of pilot season. In one short hour, they solve all the intractable problems facing the film and television industry. (Not true. Not even remotely.)
Craig and John also recount the previous Sunday’s inaugural all-screenwriter dungeon crawl. It was Craig’s first D&D ever, and John’s first time DM’ing in 20 years.
- Dungeon World
- Carolyn Strauss on Wikipedia and IMDb
- Lexi Alexander’s blog post on the underrepresentation of women in Hollywood
- AV Club on Fox’s announcing they are moving away from pilot season
- Shakespeare for iPhone and iPad
- Organize your brain with WorkFlowy
- The Orphan Master’s Son by Adam Johnson
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Matthew Chilelli
UPDATE 1-24-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.