Craig and John look at how movies are translated, including an interview with a guy who does subtitles for a living. Plus, how Pixar and other companies are localizing movies for international audiences, and what happens when China becomes the largest film market.
The USB drives are back in the store, and we’re close to announcing our picks for the next Scriptnotes t-shirt. (You can see some of the entries on our Facebook page.)
- A limited number of 200 episode USB drives are back in the John August Store
- Scriptnotes on Facebook
- Scriptnotes, 208: How descriptive audio works
- Emmanuel Denizot, and his First Person entry on johnaugust.com
- Inside Out Director Pete Docter Explains Why Pixar Remade Certain Scenes for Foreign Viewers on Slate
- China becomes world’s second-biggest movie market on BBC
- Hollywood Pays Attention As China’s Movie Box Office Grows By 50%; Nation Adds Nearly 30 Screens A Day on IBT
- WGAw Announces Candidates for 2015 Officers and Board of Directors Election
- 3rd & Fairfax: The WGAw Podcast, hosted by Aaron Fullerton & Steve Trautmann
- Microsoft Translator for iOS and Apple Watch
- XMarks Bookmark Sync
- Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp is now streaming on NetFlix
- Outro by Jonah Bech Vestergard (send us yours!)
You can download the episode here: AAC | mp3.
UPDATE 8-21-15: The transcript of this episode can be found here.