This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig discuss the WGA election results, and take a look at the issues that dominated the campaigns. What is a paper team? Do screenwriters really retire? And why does it take us so long to get paid?
We also dive into the mailbag and take questions on visiting Los Angeles, backend and residuals, and what an unrepped writer should do if there is interest in her project.
T-shirts are being folded and packaged this week, and should be in the mail by the time next episode airs. Keep a lookout in your mailbox, and be sure to pack them for Austin.
- WGAw 2015 election results
- John and Craig on The Black List Table Reads podcast with Franklin Leonard
- Melissa Mazin will be at the Austin Film Festival 2015 Screenwriting Conference
- Reaper Miniatures, and Miniature Painting 101 on YouTube
- All the ‘Happy Birthday’ song copyright claims are invalid, federal judge rules from the LA Times
- Outro sent in by Luke Yoquinto (send us yours!)
UPDATE 10-2-15: The transcript of this episode can be found here.