Craig and John take a swing at several of the week’s hyperbolic headlines, from conflict-free comedy to Fitzgerald’s failures to Strong Female Characters with nothing to do. In each case, there’s a valid idea lurking beneath the overstated claim, but it’s important to separate good examples from bad.
We then answer a stack of listener questions, ranging from slow contracts to strange emails to friendly options.
- Vulture with Everything You Need to Know About Episode VIII Director, Rian Johnson
- Scriptnotes, Episode 115: Back to Austin with Rian Johnson and Kelly Marcel
- Storyboard Fountain from Charles Forman and Chris Smoak
- The first, second, third and fourth videos in Jim Meskimen’s How To Do Impressions series
- This is Kano
- We’re losing all our Strong Female Characters to Trinity Syndrome by Tasha Robinson
- Sitcoms are being strangled by a lack of conflict by Todd VanDerWerff
- Screenwriting isn’t writing by Richard Brody
- Ken LaZebnik’s The Red Light at the End of the Dock from WrittenBy
- James Ward Byrkit’s Coherence is in theaters now
- Quackwatch is your guide to quackery, health fraud, and intelligent decisions
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!)
UPDATE 6-26-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.