Craig and John discuss that delusional period in which you’re convinced your script is the best thing ever written — and the inevitable heartbreak when someone tells you it isn’t. (TPS is close cousins to the Oscar Speech in the Shower.)
Also this week: SF terms and tropes, Adam Sandler’s Netflix deal, and what the WGA should focus on.
- Get your flu shot!
- Get tickets now for tomorrow’s live Slate Culture Gabfest with guests John and Craig
- John and others on their favorite Simpsons episodes and moments from Slate
- John’s schedule at the 2014 Austin Film Festival
- Business Insider on the Adam Sandler/Netflix deal
- Turkey City Lexicon
- Drone delivery has begun
- Blade Buddy on Amazon
- Get premium Scriptnotes access at scriptnotes.net and hear our 1,000th subscriber special
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Betty Spinks (send us yours!)
UPDATE 10-11-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.