This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
This week, John and Craig go big to look all things blockbuster. First, Anita Elberse’s new book Blockbusters argues that giant movies are a comparatively safe bet for Hollywood. Meanwhile, Gravity is the movie on everyone’s lips, but will we learn the right lessons, or just try to put more movie stars in space?
Speaking of big name actors, wow, some of them don’t seem to like being directed. Finally, we offer some advice on following up after general meetings. All this and slightly more in the 114th edition of Scriptnotes.
- Come see Scriptnotes live at the 2013 Austin Film Festival
- The Atlantic on Anita Elberse’s new book, Blockbusters, and the book on Amazon
- Gravity is in theaters now
- The relevant Last Vegas interview excerpt
- KnowYourMeme on Morgan Freeman, Titty sprinkles
- IndieWire on the Blade: Trinity lawsuit
- Sundance Institute’s feature film programs
- Internet killed the Video Store: An Abandoned Industry is John’s One Cool Thing
- And GTA V Mythbusters is Craig’s One Cool Thing
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Ashley Kotzur
UPDATE 10-23-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.