Craig and John discuss the 31 superhero movies slated for the next few years. Is it good business or a trainwreck in the making?
How do you move from a vague idea to an actual pitch? We talk about what you say when you’re in the room pitching on a project, and why passion trumps plot in most cases.
We also look at copyright and how the current system is broken for everyone.
Next week will be Craig-less, because we’re recording live at the Austin Film Festival with a bunch of amazing guests.
- The new iMac with 5k Retina display
- OSX Yosemite
- Retina displays on Wikipedia
- Comedy Bang Bang
- John’s schedule at the 2014 Austin Film Festival
- Help is on the way at writeremergency.com
- If there is a problem with your shirt order, reach out to Stuart
- The 31 scheduled superhero films
- Copywrong by Louis Menand, from the New Yorker
- Dragonbox secretly teaches algebra to your children
- Does Lockheed Martin really have a breakthrough fusion machine?
- Tweet “help” to @writeremergency for assistance
- Get premium Scriptnotes access at scriptnotes.net and hear our 1,000th subscriber special
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Jackie Ann (send us yours!)
UPDATE 11-4-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.