This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig look at the implicit contract made between screenwriters and readers — and ultimately, movies and their audience. That’s a natural introduction to our Three Page Challenge and the three new entries we look at this week.
Also: Late Payments suck. You shouldn’t tolerate it, and neither should your agents.
There are still a limited number of tickets available for the great Scriptnotes/Nerdist Writers Panel crossover live show on April 13th. You can find a link in the show notes.
- Get your tickets now for the Scriptnotes/Nerdist Live Crossover episode on April 13th at Nerdmelt, with proceeds benefiting 826LA
- Patti Lupone interrupted
- Film Independent’s Directors Close-Up series
- Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D.
- Three Pages by Blake Armstrong
- Three Pages by Sandra Lee Slotboom
- Three Pages by James Stubenrauch
- How to submit your Three Pages, and Stuart’s post on lessons learned from the early batches
- The XStat syringe by RevMedx
- Threes! on the App Store
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Betty Spinks
UPDATE 2-27-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.