This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig wind back the clock with writer-director Richard Kelly to look at the origins of Donnie Darko, and how a recent film-school grad gets a movie made.
Along the way, we talk about Sundance and slow success, scope creep and transmedia.
The Scriptnotes Live Holiday Show will be Thursday, December 19th, 2013. Tickets go on sale November 20th at 10am. Links below.
- Tickets are on sale tomorrow morning for the December 19th Scriptnotes Live Holiday Show
- Richard Kelly on IMDb, Wikipedia and Twitter
- Donnie Darko, and on Amazon
- The Donnie Darko Book
- Scope creep on Wikipedia
- Coin for all your cards
- The Science and Entertainment Exchange
- Hotel Tonight
- Big Fish is on Broadway through December 29th
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Matthew Chilelli
UPDATE 11-24-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.